‘finclip’ - anyone else try these?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mat K

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Finclip - IT | www.finclip.cloud

Maybe it’s because I was a newbie (naive) diver that I thought these looked like a good idea. Maybe it was the entrepreneur in me that thought I was ‘investing’ in a fledgling business. Anyway, I’ve used these contraptions for four dives and I’m taking them off. Simply put, there just seems to be so many parts (that could fail) that I don’t want to risk losing a Scubapro Seawing Nova. On the third dive I realised that the key component - the pin that holds the hinge together (the foot plate and the ankle piece) had slid half out. Well it would if there’s nothing keeping it in place, right?

Did anyone else get these?

Some persons have a very limited view... those aids are actually helping people with limb problems or with other issues. Those people were dependent of other divers to wear their fins, now they can do it themselves.
Surely they didn't reinvented the wheel and it's not something all of us would use... but if it's helping a certain number of divers, it's a good thing.

Just dove mine for the first time, and they are a Godsend!

I have had a bad lower back since my 20's (in my late 60's now) and had a Sciatic nerve issue about 10 years ago that weakened my left leg.

Hanging from a dive boat ladder, trying to bend down to loosen a traditional clip was a near impossible task.

Being able to reach the top of the back piece of the Finclip, pop it down to loosen the fin, and with the leverage of the stiff back piece to push the fin off, I am now free and fully self-sufficient in the water.

I am so glad that the developer of the Finclip hung in there for two funding attempts!

at least two my friends have problems with knee (they dive in standard backmount equipment), and when they had know about it - they do wish to buy it.
So it is not useless, against - it is very nice and helpful device... just price is snappish

When I first saw these I felt much as other posters. Not useful for shore diving, waste of money, solution looking for a problem, etc.

I've just had another rotator cuff surgery and have a new perspective. I'd really like to try these but the cost is just way too steep (65 euro plus 19 euro shipping = $100 USD). Oh well.

When I first saw these I felt much as other posters. Not useful for shore diving, waste of money, solution looking for a problem, etc.

I've just had another rotator cuff surgery and have a new perspective. I'd really like to try these but the cost is just way too steep (65 euro plus 19 euro shipping = $100 USD). Oh well.

I tell you what, I’ll happily swap them for a T-shirt from your local dive op. Interested?

My wife and I got them and have used them on one dive (gotta get wet more). I really liked them on the first dive!

I am very inflexible, so any help in that area helps me a lot. They seemed to work well.

We have a week dive trip in Coz in June - so I will have a lot of time with them then.

Finclip - IT | www.finclip.cloud

Maybe it’s because I was a newbie (naive) diver that I thought these looked like a good idea. Maybe it was the entrepreneur in me that thought I was ‘investing’ in a fledgling business. Anyway, I’ve used these contraptions for four dives and I’m taking them off. Simply put, there just seems to be so many parts (that could fail) that I don’t want to risk losing a Scubapro Seawing Nova. On the third dive I realised that the key component - the pin that holds the hinge together (the foot plate and the ankle piece) had slid half out. Well it would if there’s nothing keeping it in place, right?

Did anyone else get these?

I just finished two days of two tanks each day, and intend to write a full review as soon as I get back home.

One of my observations will deal with how well one follows the very comprehensive instructions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom