Finally!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DEEPLOU

Contributor
Reaction score
Boynton Beach/ former Long Island, NY (THE ISLAND)
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Although we did get out to the LIzzie D two weeks ago, conditions were not the greatest. 3-5 ft seas. overcast, but we did get out and did get one bug that was a keeper.

But yesterday, we finally had a good day. We went to a wreck called the G & D, which has actually been identified at the Yankee, which means the wreck called the Yankee is not the Yankee and remains unknown. But that's another story.
The sky stayed clear, warm sun, only slight breeze w/ maybe 2 foot rollers. The water from on top looked clear. Once in the water, there was some floating matter but the vis was still good. On the bottom at about 115-120 ft there was about 30 foot of visability possably more. Several large lobsters maintained their residence behind small holes in the boiler. Most of the holes, you could barely get your hand in, and then by the time you got your hand in, the bug, bugged out. However, one hole slightly larger I managed to get my hand in and grab hold of a huge claw. As I wiggled my hand around I feared I would be left with nothing but a claw in my hand. But I managed to get the one claw out the hole, then get my hand around back and grab the tail. Once I had the tail, it was still a bit of a job squeesing this monster out of the hole. Once out, I could barely get my hand around the body. But in the bag it went. Alhough not put on a scale, I would estimate it to weigh in about 5-6 pounds.
Several smaller bugs were also brought up. Othere divers were more interested in scallops than bugs and brought up tasy morsels for dinner.

Was this a sign that the weather has finally broken and we are going to have a good dive season?

DEEPLOU:
Was this a sign that the weather has finally broken and we are going to have a good dive season?
I think so,
Today started out with 2-3' and by dive 2 the sea was pretty much FLAT!
Finally made it out to the Stolt and had a great day, Lots of scallops were brought up.
Its even warming up, a couple of us had 50 at 125' ???

Well, we need a little more luck. Sunday we were cancelled on the Lockness. We're going to try again on Saturday. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

CaptSaaz:
Well, we need a little more luck. Sunday we were cancelled on the Lockness. We're going to try again on Saturday. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Well its monday. I know the lockness made it to the SanDiego on Sat, I presume (never *** u me), you were there.
I also heard it was little crowded w/ 3 boats on Sat. Unfortunately I was little bushed after Block Island trip Thurs / Fri, so tried to go out Sunday. The unfortunate part of it was the wind picked up and we didn't get out on Sunday. Ended going out on buddie's boat fishing inside the bay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom