Finally took the next step to better diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mech

Contributor
Reaction score
Yesturday I finally orderd my Signature Series TLS350 with 300 weight fleece from Softwear.
It should be here in 4 to 6 weeks and I just can't wait.
Oh.... so many times I was tempted to go the cheaper ebay route on a lesser product that I just knew wouldn't fit me right.
For me this is a big (good) thing and I just can't wait.
Andy

mech:
Yesturday I finally orderd my Signature Series TLS350 with 300 weight fleece from Softwear.
Oh.... so many times I was tempted to go the cheaper ebay route on a lesser product that I just knew wouldn't fit me right.
Andy
Good for you. You'll love the new found warmth up there in NoCal. I have a CF200, with Softwear 200 weight. Janice does great work.

I made almost the same choice:
DUI trilam 350TLse with softwear 300g. It is comfortable for me in water as cold as 44F and I can use it from 60F.
The suit with the softwear underwear is very supple. The softwear easy to maintain.

Bernard

I recieved my softwear undergarment from Janice yesterday.
She was a pleasure to do business with and very prompt.
It fits like it was built for me....maybe because it was :wink:.
Just can't wait to dive it.

I have the DUI TLS350 with the sport package. I went with a stock suit because I was lucky on the fit. I also have the 300W Softwear underwear and love it. I am always amazed by how much moisture is whicked away by that fleece material! The outside of the underwear and inside of the suit are quite damp when I exit from a dive but I never feel it during the dive. Awesome gear.

I just checked my dive log and the coldest temp so far was 48 degrees at Dutch Springs in April this year. I was toasty.

Thomas

PS I just remembered, I bought her vest as an add on for warmth and use it early in the dive season. I'll probably go with 200W for the late summer dives next year.

mech:
Andy
I went the e-bay route and bought a dui-450($800.00), then went to ocean_liners for a 300 polar fleece custom made suit,($185.00) I don't think i did too bad, but i'd like some imput. :crafty:

Thomas,
Does 11B3Y have anything to do with 11BRAVO ?
I was glad you posted a temp usage report on the Softwear.
I was kinda wondering how cold I would be in the high 40's to the mid 50's range.
I stay warm enough with a 9/7/6 in the water at those temps so I'm hoping this undergarment will keep me warm with out having to layer it.

Chris,
Sounds like a smoking deal if it fits.
I don't fit off the rack so my options were less than optimal.
I also almost went with ocean_liners but remembered (reminded)that Janice had an excellent reputation.
I do believe they are made of the same material.
Andy

mech:
Thomas,
Does 11B3Y have anything to do with 11BRAVO ?
I was glad you posted a temp usage report on the Softwear.
I was kinda wondering how cold I would be in the high 40's to the mid 50's range.
I stay warm enough with a 9/7/6 in the water at those temps so I'm hoping this undergarment will keep me warm with out having to layer it.

Chris,
Sounds like a smoking deal if it fits.
I don't fit off the rack so my options were less than optimal.
I also almost went with ocean_liners but remembered (reminded)that Janice had an excellent reputation.
I do believe they are made of the same material.
Andy
My 450 fits very well,I still don't know what it's made of?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom