Finally My Suit Arrives.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HOw long does it normally take to change the boots on a suit? Anyone have any idea? I'm not gonna have to wait like 3-6 weeks am I?

taa2d,
Latex neck seals always come way smaller than needed...that’s why they put those little grooves on them to trim...so you don't get one too loose and can be custom trimmed to your needs.

My Halcyon P Valve's hose is 2 ft long too...they say you should cut it shorter once you figure out how long its needs to get after routing it thru undies, zippers, etc. I have not cut mine yet...

Scoobie before you cut look at the post that UP wrote. He said not to cut it. REad it before you do anything.

Seems Bare has been lacking a little in the quality control dept.When i purchased my suit they sent me two left boots(trek boots).

DUI has the same problems. My suit was sent with 2 left boots. Shop owner calls them (I was standing there when he called) and tells them what they did. They say no problem they will send out a new boot. And so they did, another LEFT boot.

I was told later by one of the employees that when the shop owner called them again the second time, that he said he was sent 2 right boots so they sent another left boot.

Got my suit and then it was almost 3 weeks later that I got my boots. :rolleyes:

That I can kina see since those boots aren't attached. My problem is I got the attached vulcanized boots. But now I'm looking at the Leisure Pro book and the bare foot chart says that XXL, and XXXL boot sizes are BOTH USA size 12. But it doesn't say if it's for the vulcanized or treck boots.

taat2d once bubbled...
Being new to dry suits I have nothing to compare the thickness of the wrist seals. As far as I know I got the standard thickness. Is there a standard thickness? I know for sure they are the heavy duty latex. Will changing the boots compromise the suit in any way?

The wrist seals on my suit are some sort 2 step thickness seals.About 3" of the seal close to where they attach to the suit are VERY VERY thick and then step down closer to the wrist but are still thick.It makes keeping the rings on a pain in the butt cause the oring doesnt hold the seal down into the groove quite far enough cause the seals are so thick.My next seals are just gonna be regular style seal.

AaronBBrown once bubbled...
This is making me a tad nervous since my newly ordered Bare suit is "supposed" to be here in 3 weeks. We'll see!

NOt to burst your bubble, but where did you order it from? I was told mine would probably take 3-4 weeks. It ended up taking like 7. But in Bare's defense I made a few changes a couple of times and that help up production.

I ordered my suit from a shop in Canada. then had to wait an extra week for shipping.:upset:

Back
Top Bottom