Finally Get to Go to Cancun / Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One more question for everyone. My wife gets cold easy, and I was damaged by lava rock once, so we like to wear exposure suits. Would 3mm be overkill in Cozumel?
A lot of people wear 3mm when the water is 84 and the air temp is 89. I've never worn anything but shorts/rash guard shirts in Cozumel, but to each his own.

One more question for everyone. My wife gets cold easy, and I was damaged by lava rock once, so we like to wear exposure suits. Would 3mm be overkill in Cozumel?

Exposure protection is largely a question of personal preference, but I would not say that a 3 mil is overdoing it. You’ll get a lot colder on the 75-80 minute dives that are common with Aldora. Temps should be in the 80s in November. I wore a 3 mill in July and August, when temps were no lower than 84, and I usually wore a hooded vest. In February and March, I wear a 5 mil and a hooded vest.

Back
Top Bottom