Finally find a great mask and now I can't see....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the same problem,,my husband got a prescription mask but I havent found one I love that much yet..its expensive..I can see distance great but the eyes are just having trouble seeing close up with age...its getting harder to clearly see the gauges or camera..

I just went to my opto..doctor and discussed the problem..I asked about contacts..he suggested I try wearing only one contact in my none dominate eye (he determined it was my left)..and that I try to find the lowest level I could see at...I tried it on land a couple days then in the pool..I finally found the lens that worked..I was able to adjust very well to the mono vision...I can see distance fine and when I try to see anything close the other eye with the lens takes over and I can now read my gages...I use the water disposable lens that are very comfortable and then..I have been very please with the results..

One thing about just sending the mask in . . . I have found it is very helpful to have someone indicate how much of the lens you want covered with the bifocal inserts. The first masks I had inserts put in, they made them too big. The second time, I had the optometrist mark the mask as to where I wanted the inserts, and they're perfect.

I have the same problem,,my husband got a prescription mask but I havent found one I love that much yet..its expensive..I can see distance great but the eyes are just having trouble seeing close up with age...its getting harder to clearly see the gauges or camera..

I just went to my opto..doctor and discussed the problem..I asked about contacts..he suggested I try wearing only one contact in my none dominate eye (he determined it was my left)..and that I try to find the lowest level I could see at...I tried it on land a couple days then in the pool..I finally found the lens that worked..I was able to adjust very well to the mono vision...I can see distance fine and when I try to see anything close the other eye with the lens takes over and I can now read my gages...I use the water disposable lens that are very comfortable and then..I have been very please with the results..
I have not tried contacts yet, I am not a huge fan of touching my eyes in any way, pet peeve. If nothing else works I may have to opt for that but I am going to exhaust all resources first.

Thanks

One thing about just sending the mask in . . . I have found it is very helpful to have someone indicate how much of the lens you want covered with the bifocal inserts. The first masks I had inserts put in, they made them too big. The second time, I had the optometrist mark the mask as to where I wanted the inserts, and they're perfect.
I did speak to the people that do the mask prescipts, they wanted me to go into my Opticians and have the mask properly marked prior to sending it out. It costs about the same to have my whole prescription put in as it does to just do the gauge portion so I might as well get the whole thing. I do not have a real bad prescript, most would not even get glasses for the distance portion of my glasses but I have had such perfect eye sight for so long that the ability of glasses to bring that back was worth it to me.

Thanks

They can do that? I would opt for that in a minute. I have to make some calls.

My buddy had EXACTLY the same problem as you. He called Hydro-Optix and they sent him a specially formulated glue. Problem solved.

My buddy had EXACTLY the same problem as you. He called Hydro-Optix and they sent him a specially formulated glue. Problem solved.
I'll give it a try. The info is greatly appreciated.

I'll give it a try. The info is greatly appreciated.

If you get nowhere, PM me. I will send you the rest of what he has left. No problem.

It seems I finally have them so they will stick but would feel a lot more confident if I had an adhesive on them. With that said they did stay in place tonight however they fog so bad I can not see through them at all. My mask is crystal clear. It was recommended by the company to not use defog on them so I am at a lose as to how ot keep them from fogging.

Ideas?

tridacna, pm sent on the adhesive, thanks

It seems I finally have them so they will stick but would feel a lot more confident if I had an adhesive on them. With that said they did stay in place tonight however they fog so bad I can not see through them at all. My mask is crystal clear. It was recommended by the company to not use defog on them so I am at a lose as to how ot keep them from fogging.

Ideas?

Adhesive is on the way...let me know how it works.

Ideas?

Spit should work for the fogging issue

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom