Finally back in the photographer mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikemill

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Since getting my drysuit I haven't had my camera. Well after my first dive yesterday I felt good enough to take the camera out for the second dive. Unfortunately all I really found were fields of tube anemones. Not so bad of a subject except they were on the sandy bottom and I couldn't get lower then them to shoot. Plus I was working on maintaining trim. So I experimented with my strobe position and holding the camera down and angling it up at them. I was basically shooting blind and adjusting after each shot. Gotta say that being able to back kick to keep position was just AWESOME.

I ended up with a lot of pictures of the tops of the anemones or the the light was wrong. But came out with a few winners:

This one actually had a bit of detail in the body but looked cooler once I tweaked it so it was in silhouette.
M0012752.jpg

M0012762.jpg

This guy was about 3/4 the size of my fist.
M0012777.jpg

Mike those are beautiful shots! I especially like the second one. Thanks for sharing!

Great shots Mike!

Hey Mike,

Does your camera do any video, if so, have you ever posted any of your video?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom