fin weight options- advice please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ive just borrowed a pair - trying next week

I really liked them, very comfortable, nice spring strap design. However, the regular has a very small blade surface and I found them a little on the soft side for my liking. The HD may have "fixed" that "issue".

DR XT are my go to wetsuit fin and mares power plana my DS fin and only because the F1 foot pocket is too big. I kept them because one day I may end up with a new DS with heavier boots.

Not go to, only wetsuit fin, I've lost probably over $1000 on fins. The only other fin that I'm kinda interested in is the Zeagle recon, I looked at a pair once, nicely made, feel robust, nice springs. I note they run small in size though not unlike jets, sizing that is, hate jets. Yes, hate.

The only other fin that I'm kinda interested in is the Zeagle recon...

They get mushy if you’re driving a multi-cylinder config. They’re definitely a heavy fin.

I recently picked up a set of Torpedo fins from Piranha Dive Mfg. My OMS Slipstreams were just a little too light. Best I can tell, they are right between the Slipstreams and Hollis F1's. While I probably could have used the little bit more weight of the F1's, I really like the Torpedo and the price is very nice also.

DW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom