Fin suggestions that will allow bungee to be attached.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba7

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I can buy the ScubaPro Twin Jet Max Fin Spring, but dont want to shell out $169US if I have to buy new fins if the bungee/spring breaks.

I want a fin that I can put a bungee on.

Not something manufactured to be replaced as a whole unit once broken.

It basically needs the hard round knob fixed on the outside of the fin.

Any suggestions?

And please stop calling them bungees. They are spring straps and do not resemble bungee in any way.

unlikely, those buckles look specific to those fins.

Most importantly however is that if you want to go into technical and cave diving per your regulator post, you won't be allowed to use split fins as they don't go backwards particularly well, or flat turn, or do a modified breast stroke kick, so if you are aiming for technical/cave diving in the future go with fins that will be able to be used in that type of diving. If you see sidemount as an option, Dive Rite XT's or Mares Avanti Quattros are your best option at least until the next generation of OMS Slipstreams are re-released in April, these fins are neutral in the water so it helps with trim in that configuration. If you are planning on backmount only, then I'd stick with Scubapro Jet Fins, or Hollis F1's which are more negative in the water and will help offset the extra weight of the manifold and what not in doubles.

Most importantly however is that if you want to go into technical and cave diving per your regulator post, you won't be allowed to use split fins as they don't go backwards particularly well,

Thank you for that. Def a major point to keep in mind.

Scubapro jet sport fins, or just the plain jet?

And the Mares Quattro Plus fins have bungee straps!

And the Mares Quattro Plus fins have bungee straps!

Mares may call them bungees but I think they are actually just big, round, solid rubber bands. Not bungees....

Mares may call them bungees but I think they are actually just big, round, solid rubber bands. Not bungees....
:D OK. Had to lookup the definition of bungee.

It seems that cords of rubber bands would technically fit the definition of bungee.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom