Fin straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Puffling

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've been treating my self to some new dive gear lately and amongst other bits I got some mares fins. They came with the standard buckle.....

I ignored people telling me that the buckles that come on mares aren't the best and to factor in I'd need to buy new straps.

5th dive, buckle breaks, so now annoyingly I ring myself looking for new straps ( not impressed 4 dives)

So now I am having to shell out yet more cash after such a short space of time which straps do I go for? The metal springs or the new bungee?

I got spring straps and would never go back. Dollar-for-dollar, they brought me the greatest amount of pleasure per diving dollar spent.

Get springstraps and be happy for years to come!

Buy a good set of spring straps . They are a lot easier to put on and off . you do not have to readjust the straps after/before a dive . I will never go back to old strps except cor a spring fairer in the middle of a dive trip. But buy a good quality spring don't buy the cheapest springs

Ditto on spring straps...Last longer, easier to put on...Have them on all my fins....The better brands will have 'beefier' rubber loops for putting your fingers in to pull them on.....The right size is important too....They don't need to be tight....The springs expand/contract as you swim, better than the rubber ones......After you install them, you'll never have to adjust or take the springs off again......No buckles to mess with......

The new Mares bungee straps look quite nice. Having said that, I use springs that attach a little more securely to the fin, not a big fan of spring straps which attach using plastic buckles, kind of defeats the purpose IMO.

Another vote for spring straps. They will likely never break, and they take two seconds to put on and take off.

I've got three sets of fins and I installed spring straps on all of them. That's the first thing I would upgrade. I agree with Crush, dollar-for-dollar, they are the best value and pleasure per dive.

Spring traps are great.I have the plastic buckles which fit on my mares , oceanic's,tusa's ( I wish they would've worked on my jets)Which saves me a little money on straps ,depending on what kind of diving I'm doing. I switch fins same straps. I have over 150 dives on them ,no problems.

Back
Top Bottom