Fin straps........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver 85

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Actually I am just as curious because it looks to be an awesome price.
I personally have a pair of Mares Volo's that could use a simpler strap system.
Hopefully someone may have a favorable opinion.

Have not used them, but they're cheap enough that you really don't have anything to lose by trying a pair.

kuma1720:
Actually I am just as curious because it looks to be an awesome price.
I personally have a pair of Mares Volo's that could use a simpler strap system.
Hopefully someone may have a favorable opinion.

I actually ordered a set yesterday, will let you know how they do sometomes the end of this week........I wanted them for taking my fins off while in a big current hanging onto a tag line(like we were in last week @ the Flower Gardens--- we had to remove our fins, put them on our arms & pull like hell up the rope to get back to the boat....I made it fine but could see where releasing the strap over my booties by pulling on the spring would be much easier)

Wayward Son:
Have not used them, but they're cheap enough that you really don't have anything to lose by trying a pair.

........very true........GEAUX TIGERS............

I bought these last month at the pre-sale price. :shakehead

Overall I'm happy with them, although they do seem to snug up a little low on the heel for my liking.

Best thing for me is the ease of getting them on and off. I have arthritis in my thumbs, and it was a major pain (literally) to snap, un-snap and tighten my old straps. But with these, just use one finger to slip them over or off your heel and you're done.

I was looking at those Blue Reef ones as well. Looking forward to more reports.

By the way, does anyone know how to size them? I dont know how to measure to ensure the correct tension.

They are giving these away at LP today-$10/pair! I see that pawclaws (any relation to santa?) gives them a favorable review but notes that they ride too low on his heel...

.5 Do these straps work? The price is setting off my 'too good to be true' radar.
1. Is it possible pawclaws just needed to go down one size?
2. As a previous poster asked, How do I pick the correct size? Can I measure my existing straps after I snug them up?

TIA to anyone with the answers,

Fleep

A buddy and I bought a pair of these before our trip to Bonaire. We were real happy with them over all, but you need to make sure you get the proper size or they will be very uncomfortable...

just bought some of these myself. they showed up yesterday and i promptly put them on and tried them out. seems like they were well worth the $10.00. i will be diving them next week-end so i will know for sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom