Fin size to Rock boot???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeguerrero

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello DUI,

Can you tell me what size Jet Fin with springs will fit a size 9 Rockboot? I have the size 9 and a HOG fin size XL and it's too small (I fight like crazy to get the spring over the heel and I haven't even dove the suit yet).

I called my LDS and they told me they would exchange my HOG fin for the Jet Fin but they have to order it (HOG fins are on backorder).

I was just wondering if any divers down at DUI headquarters have a size 9 rockboot like me and dive a Jet Fin?

Thanks,

Mike G

I have size-8 rockboots and XL Jets. I find the fit very, tight. No problem getting them on, but getting the fins off is a chore.

I have size 9 rockboots and could not fit into the xl jetfin. The xxl was ridiculously huge. Turtles fit well. There is a whole thread about this in the DUI message board, so you may find alternatives as well.

John

I have size-8 rockboots and XL Jets. I find the fit very, tight. No problem getting them on, but getting the fins off is a chore.

You might try drilling some holes in the foot pockets. Those jet fins can make a wicked vacuum inside them without any holes.

To the OP: I wear ladies' shoe size 9 or men's 8's. I use XL jet fins over my rock boots.

Hi all,

Just wanted to say thanks for your wonderful feedback. I did more research and a lot of driving around to LDS's until I found the perfect match for my Rockboots.

I now can let other divers know if you own a DUI Rockboot size 9, you can purchase the Scubapro XL Fins and then order the Scubapro springs size 12 inches.

The size 12 inch spring gives you the correct play but at the same time remains snug and secure. I also recommend you purchase the Silicone spray to allow the fin to don/doff without any problems.

We measured 10 inch springs on the XL fin and it was way too tight, might be good for size 8 rockboot and smaller.

Size 12 inch spring is the one to use on the Rockboot size 9 mens. Here are pictures to show you the fit:

2vd4iza.jpg

2hwpu2f.jpg

28umiie.jpg

1zyvvxz.jpg

10dih60.jpg

1oahwh.jpg

p.s
While on my scavenger hunt for the perfect fin, I bumped into the new fin that just came out by Hollis, it comes with the springs already and when I tried it on the Rockboot size 9 it fit like a glove, no work to get it on, no work to remove it, just snug. Had I not purchased the Scubapro jets the Hollis would have went home with me. I believe they are called the F1 fins. Here is the link: (Read the review, I too was just in ahh when they fit like charm too bad they were not around when I made my choice).

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/scub...=ReadReviews&PRODUCT_ID=HollisF1Fins&#Reviews

Good thought on drilling holes in the footpocket (TStormDiver) to eliminate any vacuum. How about the Silicone spray. Any potential damage to fins, or rockboots using that to help don/doff?

Good thread. I, myself, am beset by the problem of finding fins that fit my rock boots. I have found a pair of Jetfins XL for size 11 boots. I am a 10, but I was told for a drysuit to go one size larger. I hope this is correct because my feet slosh around inside the boot now.

Good thought on drilling holes in the footpocket (TStormDiver) to eliminate any vacuum. How about the Silicone spray. Any potential damage to fins, or rockboots using that to help don/doff?

The Silcone Spray will not harm the fins in any way. The spray is made to protect the rubber from salt build up and also serves as a lubricant to allow the ease of getting the fin on.

Good thread. I, myself, am beset by the problem of finding fins that fit my rock boots. I have found a pair of Jetfins XL for size 11 boots. I am a 10, but I was told for a drysuit to go one size larger. I hope this is correct because my feet slosh around inside the boot now.

You might want to consider larger Jet fins for a size 11 rockboot. I have size 9 rock boots and the XL jetfin is barely ablt to fit. I therefore purchased the 12inch springs from scubapro for a perfect fin.

I don't think you are going to be comfortable with a size 11 rockboot on a XL jets, I would try them before your purchase.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom