Fin rec: Light wt, spring strap, frog compat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan Weidert

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have a pair of Apollo split fins with steel springs. They are large (to fit over my dry suit boots). I love the steel springs but find they make me even more foot heavy. And the split part means I am going to have a heck of a time learning other kicks.

So - suggestions for a more neutral buoyancy fin, that can be ordered with a spring strap and can be used with frog, helicopter, and back finning techniques?

Thanks in advance,
Dan

OMS Slipstreams or Dive Rite. The Slipstreams are similar in shape to the Jets, the Dive Rites are longer. The Dive Rites come with spring straps, you'll have to add them to the Slipstreams. Either will handle the kicks you're interested in and are neutral in the water.

ForceFin Excellerator with bungie heel straps, they were designed for wreck penetration diving and frog kick, helicopter, back, flutter better than you can ever ask for.

oh, they are basically neutral (~0.25lbs negative each), are lightweight at about 4lbs per pair, and are merely 20 inches long overall.

Last edited:
i would look at the dive rite fins they come with spring straps or the new hollis fins that have just come out they are nutrally if not a little negative and have spring straps attached in a great way

Back
Top Bottom