Fin Insert?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sufyries

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I am the proud owner of a pair of Jet black ScubaPro Jetfins! I put a spring strap on and I absolutely love these fins! My only problem is the foot pocket is a bit archaic, and doesn't provide the most comfortable fit.

Is there a product or chemical that can be molded into a shape and then inserted into the foot pocket to accommodate the correct shape of my foot? I would like this chemical to be malleable and then harden. Some other qualities in a product like this product I would want is for it to be durable, flexible, and waterproof, and have little impact on the buoyancy of the fins?

How do you guys think of this idea? Is it good or bad? Give me your thoughts.

Sufyries

I have both Ls and XLs and I think they're uncomfortable too... most people don't have rectangular feet

Is there a product or chemical that can be molded into a shape and then inserted into the foot pocket to accommodate the correct shape of my foot?

Boiling water

Ha ha,,the "greatest fins in the world" pretty much suck when it comes to comfort. How can that be?

I have thought about this a lot, but never tried it...cover the toe portion of the dive boot in a ton of silicone caulk, then lay cellophane over the outside covering it.

Then insert foot in dive boot,
then insert dive boot into fin,
inject more caulk with caulk gun in any spaces you can find, then watch TV for 4 hours with your boots on.

Sounds like it would be uncomfortable and stink up the house, but I have always wondered if it would make the fins comfortable.

I have also see people take scrap neoprene wetsuit material and punch a few holes in it and the fins and secure it insde the footpocket to make a double layer of wetsuit padding in the XL fins..I actually did that myself and it work to some extent.

insert

Booties

I believe some stuff was/is available to solve similar problems related to ski boot fitting. I see that you are located on Earth, so you should be able to track this problem down. Maybe you can find an LDS that is also a ski shop.

I am a between sizes 10 1/2 and 11, I have an XL Jetfin, if that helps any. The jetfins do not fit most feet perfectly so I was just curious as to a solution. Preferably, I would want an INSERT, not fill my fin with chemicals, but if it comes to that, I guess I will have to. I do have booties, they are a size 10 1/2 with a thin sole. Does anyone have any ideas?

I don't get it, everyone on here says they love there Jetfins but they all talk about how they are unconfortable and they cramp or hurt their feet. One guys on here even said he got blisters. I just don't get if you all talk about these fins but don't you think you should get a fin that fits well and is confortable. I mean really you are looking for a way to make a mold for your foot to make the fins work. You should get a pair that fits. Try the TUSA Splits or somthing like that. After reading everything on here about the Jetfins I will never get a pair. I have dove with them before and don't think they are that great. They acctually don't even preform that well.

Try the TUSA Splits or somthing like that. After reading everything on here about the Jetfins I will never get a pair. I have dove with them before and don't think they are that great. They acctually don't even preform that well.

Split fins, good one

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom