Fin Doc. You were right, all along

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

castanagajt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
True story that just happened today.

At 5:00pm I was clocking in for work at Sport Chalet and my co-workers were trying to help a man that was overlooking my regulator and computer case. Unfortunately, scuba is just not their specialty.

Upon my observation, he was around in his mid 30's possibly Somoan or Polynesian decent and husky built, clean shaven amd dressed in a relaxed business attire, he has got to be middle class and up. After a friendly greet, he warmed up and told me that he was gone from diving for 4 years and that he has had alot of diving exposure for the Navy whilst he was stationed in Hawaii.

Just observing him intently was my own delight. He reminded me of a young student and just eager to learn whatever information that I had to offer him.

I just had to ask him since he was a Navy Diver and that Navy is what we both had in common. "Did you and your friends or shipmates were using old Scubapro Jet or Aqualung Rocket fins for your job?"

He looked at me in the eye and said in a warm manner. "No, the Navy did a comparison on all the leading brands of fins and including the Foil Force and the regular Force Fin and Force Fin has cam up on top, my shipmates and I were like if the Navy tested all of the leading manufacturer and Force Fin came up on top, ofcoarse we left our plank fins and bought the original Force Fin and the new split Foil Force. Force Fin is tough as nails and gets the job done each time."

Around 10 minutes later, he gathered all his needed info on dive computers and now BCD's, he had to leave. From what he has had to say. Now, I can firmly believe that the comparison chart is true.

Darn, I am going to get lots of hate mail about this. You know what? I wouldn't care.:14:

just needed another Navy Diver to say it to your face huh? No seriously, thanks for the story, I am sure that Bob will appreciate hearing it from someone else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom