Fin comparison

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MightyDiver

Registered
Reaction score
I just returned from my LDS where I tried out 4 different fins in their pool to find the pair that was kindest to my ankles, fit my feet (flat;no instep;6.5womens shoe), and ease of donning and doffing. Here's what I found.

The Mares Volos were very neat looking but sadly they were the hardest on my ankles, very tough compared to the others on the downward stroke.

The Original Force Fins were also too hard and dislocated my ankles though I loved the bungee straps and want them on future fins. I also tried the Pro Force Fins last week and they were waay tougher to push through the water.

The Cressi Space Frogs in XS fit great and felt normal but they too dislocated my ankles and were hard to put on. I felt clumsy in them in the water.

Lastly, I tried the only other split fins he had in stock which were the ScubaPro TwinJets Graphite (slight positive buoyancy) and they were the best of all so far and surprisingly the medium's foot pocket held me snug even though I have no instep. The owner ordered me a small pair of the graphite twinjets and we'll see how they do in the pool when they arrive. They felt completely different than any other fin I've tried yet. So smooth in the water and my foot seemed to like the open toe. Still dislocates my ankles but not as forcefully. I'll see how they are to put on when the small arrives.

then the ScubaPro Graphite Twin Jets are for you! Very easy on the ankle, just remember to go faster you don't kick harder... just faster!

In any case, its good that you eventually found a fin that does the job but is not as bad on your ankles as the others.

I use the Cressi Space Frog 1. It gives my some good speed and is relatively efficient.

Ari :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom