Filter for Wreck Diving off NC??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dstrawhorn

Registered
Reaction score
Just got my first GoPro (Hero 3+ Black) and need a little advice. I'm going wreck diving next week off Wilmington NC. Visibility is usually ok there, not Caribbean, but still ok. Looking through this forum, I see a lot of people recommending a red filter but they are usually referring to visibility of 100 ft+. Would you still use the red filter where vis is around 50ft (give or take 30 depending on conditions)? If so, any recommendations on a good, reasonably priced filter? If it matters, I'm not going to be using a light other than my can light.

Thanks in advance

I agree with Randy, SRP makes great filters. If you are going past 20' and don't have video lights, you need to put the red back in.

Yes it will benefit the video quality. SRP and back scatter seem to have the most reliable and highest quality filters on the market. I personally use the back scatter flip 3.1 system with a 20-50' filter and a 50'+ filter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom