Filter for GoPro Hero 5 ... ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carpster61

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,

Can anybody please recommend a good bluewater dive filter which will fit the GoPro Hero 5 please. Preferably glass. GoPro do actually make one specifically for the Hero5 but they are out of stock and don't know when they are getting them in next. Everybody else is sold out. I go on holiday in 2 weeks so need one quickly.

Thanx for reading. :)

I have a filter on my GoPro 4 made by Snake River Prototyping. It's made of glass and is an excellent quality filter. They have a website and you can call them to help you determine which filter will fit.

I have a filter on my GoPro 4 made by Snake River Prototyping. It's made of glass and is an excellent quality filter. They have a website and you can call them to help you determine which filter will fit.
Thanx for that. I also have a Snake River round glass filter which I used on my GoPro Hero4 black. It wont fit on the Hero5. I need someone who has a Hero 5 and is using a filter for it. I will however look at Snake River again to see if they offer one for the Hero 5. Thanx again. :)

Edit ... I have just looked on the Snake River site and they don't seem to have any yet for the Hero5.

I hope they will make an adapter for the filter. Mine originally fit on the Hero 2 and I bought the adapter for my Hero 3+ and Hero 4. (Hero 2 died a natural death, Hero 3+ died when making video of an octopus).

Bumping this thread because I'm also interested in a red filter for the Hero5.
Hi, I did get a red, glass filter for my Hero5. It is the GoPro Bluewater Dive filter, made by GoPro. Very good design and compact and it fits onto the supersuit. Supplied with a draw string bag too. Going to be using it in the Maldives when I go next week. Just put into Google ... GoPro Blue Water Dive filter ...

Hi, I did get a red, glass filter for my Hero5. It is the GoPro Bluewater Dive filter, made by GoPro. Very good design and compact and it fits onto the supersuit. Supplied with a draw string bag too. Going to be using it in the Maldives when I go next week. Just put into Google ... GoPro Blue Water Dive filter ...

Thanks Carpster, 15 minutes ago I bought this one:

Polar Hero5 Super Suit - Red Filter

@EvilOtter Do you run lights with the backscatters? Or do you just dive it with the filter only?

I use the filter and lights together and adjust for the red cast in post. Since my lights are not that powerful, they have limited affect on wide angle shots. However, they make a big difference on close ups, especially when reef structure shades the natural light. I recently acquired some cyan colour compensating filters that I plan to use on the lights to lessen the red cast in close ups.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom