Filling station

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by omar
Pug,

Try running just air and monitor the O2 while you run it up to 3500 psi. When I did this I found that the O2 content increased about 1%. I have found that I need to run my compressor for about 15 minutes prior to doing any mixing. I set my oxygen analyzer to this air and then start mixing.

Hmmmm.... I'll give it a try.... but wouldn't the FO2 change anyway as the cfm slows down but the O2 flow remains the same into the blender???? I just averaged it out and my nitrox fills are very consistent....

I noticed that I was getting a little blow by and pulsing at the air intake when the compressor gets up to higher P. This may or may not work with your blender I don't know how Scott put it together.

I get pulsing too even at lower psi... I called Arnold and talked to him about it and he said that is the nature of things (my paraphrase)... The blender Scott built has a venturi machined inside where the He & O2 are introduced.... I have a large filter on top that I suspect acts as a blending reservoir....

I have a picture of the fill station on my profile...

Pug,

For the O2 that's what I would expect to occur. I don't see mine creep that much when I set it the way I mentioned.

I have filter on the end of my intake as well. I have been thinking of adding a simple rubber flapper valve on the intake to stop any back pressure. But I need to give it some more thought before I do that.

omar

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom