Fill Express...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can't means Won't.

Chug
Not even if if I have to fill them up myself with a bicycle pump, and cutting torch O2 bottle.

I've seen your tanks. They're too big to fill with a bicycle pump, anyway.

DC

For those bummed out by the loss of FE:

I discovered Smart Fills in Boynton Beach. Had to back track from owner to owner and two locations, but I like it. They bank 32 and 36. (Maybe we can convince them to bank 40) They don't mix above 39-40%, but for recreational dives they seem like the real deal. No phony stickers required. Membrane system, so no cleaning requirements. They sell by the cubic foot at rates similar to FE. They stay open until 6:00. No need to dump residual gas before a fill. Once you find them, they are easy to get to - just off 95. Admittedly, Boynton is a drive for folks in south and southwest Broward, but I just filled a dozen cylinders, bought a discount fill card, and have lowered my angst about where to get fills. Good luck. Smart Fills - Scuba Fills Service and Repair

:doctor:

I've seen your tanks. They're too big to fill with a bicycle pump, anyway.
DC

You compensate your way, and I'll compensate my way.

Chug
Has AWESOME trim in HP149's and LP120's.

MB:
For those bummed out by the loss of FE:

I discovered Smart Fills in Boynton Beach. Had to back track from owner to owner and two locations, but I like it. They bank 32 and 36. (Maybe we can convince them to bank 40) They don't mix above 39-40%, but for recreational dives they seem like the real deal. No phony stickers required. Membrane system, so no cleaning requirements. They sell by the cubic foot at rates similar to FE. They stay open until 6:00. No need to dump residual gas before a fill. Once you find them, they are easy to get to - just off 95. Admittedly, Boynton is a drive for folks in south and southwest Broward, but I just filled a dozen cylinders, bought a discount fill card, and have lowered my angst about where to get fills. Good luck. Smart Fills - Scuba Fills Service and Repair

:doctor:

From there website.... they just don't sound so smart to me??

ll cylinders will be filled to there rated maximum pressure. We know that it is not in Vogue, but SMART FILLS will not ‘overfill’ cylinders.

Pompano Dive Center is a great operation that also runs a couple boats as well. I really liked Fill Express and hated to see them go. DDA is a great guy and will still be teaching in his spare time!

BTW – I got a couple Nitrox fills at Divers Direct in WPB without having the goofy stickers on my tanks in November. They weren’t generous with the fills pressure-wise, but I didn’t need all 120CF for my dives the next day. I showed up about 30 minutes before closing, was the only customer, and they never once mentioned needing the decal.The tanks were O2 clean and had visuals from GDF/Fill Express by the way!!!

---------- Post added January 17th, 2015 at 09:01 PM ----------

Just remember that Divers Direct requires a green and yellow nitrox sticker on your tank to fill nitrox from their pre-blend banks.

Since those stickers look terrible in cave photos, cost money, can hide corrosion, should be replaced annually, and contain no useful information for anybody as you should always analyze before you dive anything, I can't use Divers Direct for fills. I'm sure I'm not the only one :)

I keep my boat five minutes from DD. While I much preferred to get my fills at FE, for convenience sake there have been at least two dozen times over the past three years (since purchasing my own boat) that I have gotten nitrox (32% only) fills at DD. No stickers on any of my HP100's and never any hesitation on their part to fill them. As for their service . . . that's a discussion for another post. Unfortunately, I didn't learn about the closing of FE until after they were gone and got stuck with about $50 left on my fill card. I'll miss those guys. I had been getting the majority of my fills there for the past 10 years and no matter who was working, the service was always excellent!
I wish all of them the best going forward.

I have a friend who went to DD and was flat out told that they could not get nitrox unless the tanks had those big ugly stickers.

As for my fill card.. I contacted DDA on FB wishing him condolences on the closing. His response? He wanted my address cause he owes me $$ from my fill card. Wow. Mind blown. I hope DDA all the best going forward.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom