Fiji Siren - Lost at Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which Aggressor operation went out of business? Where and when?

“Other” operations in the Red Sea, not Aggressor. Sorry, as I said above, I have read so many articles, news, posts, etc. about the 2 companies this past week I do not recall exactly where I got that specific piece of info, if you are requesting a source.

“Other” operations in the Red Sea, not Aggressor. Sorry, as I said above, I have read so many articles, news, posts, etc. about the 2 companies this past week I do not recall exactly where I got that specific piece of info, if you are requesting a source.

Not the source as much as wanting to know which "Aggressor" operation(s) went out of business. I thought you were referring to the Aggressor company.

Lots of Aggressor boats or franchises have ceased operations both before and after Wayneworks took it over....
bay islands Aggressor 1999
Utilla aggressor
Galapagos Aggressor that ran aground (planned)
Truk Aggressor
A number of the pacific boats, mostly moved around, but they moved because business didn't support the operation, including salewesi and others

LOL Red Sea Aggressor was the boat that disappointed me.

I fell ill while on that boat so you'll need to take what I say with that in mind. I found the gearing up area too small but my position was in the corner so potentially I was more cramped than the others. Actually, now that I think about it more, most of my dissatisfaction was due to size. So, now that I think about it, my reaction to the boat was also based on how spoiled I've been for the most part on the other lob's I've cruised.

Last edited:
Some people are very naive when it comes to vessels at sea. They are all subject to the mercy of the waves. Why do you think there are so many wrecks to dive? Even aircraft carriers can sink. Passengers should be more thoughtful about what to do when things go wrong. Always know the escape routes, keep a waterproof flashlight handy, know where your lifejacket is, pay attention to safety briefings. Did you know, for example, that if you are in a liferaft, it is essential to pass a stool within the first 24 hours if you are to survive? I'd avoid vessels with hulls of wood if making open ocean crossings. Stay safe, people!

Back
Top Bottom