Fiji: Our thoughts and prayers are with you

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might be surprised how quickly the resort areas come back on line. Have been to two different places in the world that were hit by hurricanes, within 30 days everything was mostly back up and running as if nothing happened, within 90 days you wouldn't have even know anything happened.

I looked at two different resorts faceboook pages we have stayed at Nanuku and Royal Davui, they both say they are opening back up for business in 5-7 days.

Scuba kbell or others - thoughts on where else to go for 8-9 days diving at the end of March? I am in CA.

My friends in Taveuni aren't able to upload images or anything at the moment due to lack of power to charge phones. Last text messages received last night before their phone batteries finally died were along the lines of "we're safe, major flooding, significant structural damage". They were staying at Taveuni Island Resort.

While the airport in Nadi has opened for emergency flights, airstrips on the outer islands are by all accounts a disaster.

Man, So concerned for poor little Fiji, but this is our 40th wedding anniversary bucket list trip. I know that resorts come back quickly but, the other areas we wanted to visit won't be back for months. Where else does Fiji airlines fly if they won't let us cancel....

Thanks, we have reservations at Paradise Taveuni. Doesn't look good.

Attachments

• fiji48_0.jpg
    fiji48_0.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 66
Scuba kbell or others - thoughts on where else to go for 8-9 days diving at the end of March? I am in CA.
I was flying through Honolulu and traveling for 2 weeks. I was thinking of traveling to Auckland and then on to Australia. Another option I am looking at is Palua since I have United mileage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom