Fiji on the cheap?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jiveturkey

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
SARS and terror threats are limiting my travel options this year. So, instead of the mainland, I'm heading for the islands. I'm used to backpacker style places. When I checked out the crystal divers website, their option for a backpacker room with cold water and limited power was $45US!!!!:wacko: Packpacker guest houses in south east asia cost less than $5.

Is it possible to find cheaper accomodations in Fiji? How much does it cost to do a couple boat dives? I'm wondering if this place is going to eat me alive. I just want to be able to do some diving and not have it cost me an arm and a leg.

I can't speak to accommodation costs for backpackers since we stayed at mid-priced resorts but the diving costs run between $70 & $80 (US) for a 2 tank outing - not cheap but much less than I'm more used to in Hawaii.
I dived with AquaTrek at 3 different locations during April of this year but believe that all of the dive operations are priced in a similar range.
But Fiji is fabulous even if it really makes a hole in the bank account so enjoy!

annw24 once bubbled...
I can't speak to accommodation costs for backpackers since we stayed at mid-priced resorts but the diving costs run between $70 & $80 (US) for a 2 tank outing - not cheap but much less than I'm more used to in Hawaii.
I dived with AquaTrek at 3 different locations during April of this year but believe that all of the dive operations are priced in a similar range.
But Fiji is fabulous even if it really makes a hole in the bank account so enjoy!

Eighty bucks for 2 tanks!!! OMG, I'm going to be sick. Actually, Hawaii was my second choice but if I research that idea, I'll have a coronary. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom