Fiji on a liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would love to see this answer as well. I am also considering the Naia for a liveaboard but because of trips already planned, won't be able to do it until 2015 so that should be far enough out to get whatever week we want.

Go to Nai'a website and ask them.

You can get the average water temp, air temp, and rainfall from their website. So it may give folks some idea of what to expect as far as that is concerned. But most of the time if you ask a liveaboard or resort when is the "best time", they are going to tell you it's great all year. But from my research so far late April or early May seems to be the "prime time."

April May is great, out of cyclone season and not too cold... see averaged water temp data here.
It is fine most of the year but better in the winter, if a little cooler in the evenings.
Have a great trip!

I keep my Boat 'ICE" in Fiji for the Cyclne seaon each year. Arrive sometime in Nov. then head back to Tonga late April. This mid Dec we got hit with 140kt winds for three hours in the middle of a cyclone, so remember you are in the middle of that "Zone" Dec/Jan and it can be Hot and Wet...and water just a "little" warmer but the only "vis" changes really are Big tides and rain wash off in close to the coast...you will get lighter winds overall during that time..have fun..a great place!!

Ok so let me change it up a little.... Where is a good place to stay with older kids (17 and 20) who dive.....where can you get the best diving without having to move around. Is there such a place in Fiji or is it too spread out. I would love to go on Naia but the kids limit available times and Naia is booked whenever they are free. I might have to leave them home....

I highly recommend Nakia and Taveuni Ocean Sports on Taveuni. We have been there twice over the Christmas holidays in 2010 and 2011. The reports on Tripadvisor are accurate.

If they are avid divers and not looking for parties or zip lining or four.wheelers and that kind of thing, Naigani would be great. But Naigani is pretty laid back and isolated. Kids that age, again unless they are really into the diving and fishing kind of thing, might get bored with Naigani after a time. It offers great diving, snorkeling, fishing, kayaking, and so on, but may not be the first choice for the young'uns.

Back
Top Bottom