Trip Report Fiji- May 14-30, 2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was able to get out yesterday for the first time and got in 3 dives. The third one at the Purple Wall was truly impressive. A great mix of hard and soft corals, sloping wall and then vertical drop off, back to sloping to vertical. Truly unique dive site. Here are some random photos. First one is taken from the small plane flying over to Taveuni showing some reefs. Followed by a picture of the plane.
Anemone fish. Soft Coarls (I guess this is why they call it Rainbow Reef.

1652975265983.jpeg

1652975558927.jpeg

1652975657330.jpeg

1652975752065.jpeg

Glad you faced 5 and not 10 days quarantine! As the pandemic progresses and we learn more, thankfully some restrictions get less restrictive.

Wonder what the high and low topside typical temp.s are the warmest season there, or whether it varies much? What you describe sounds acceptable, if it doesn't get much warmer.
Topside and water temps do swing considerably. It is definitely a year around destination, but I think May and June are optimal for the combo of temperate topside weather combined with water temps still in the 79-81 range. It is currently 81 degree water temp. The coming months will see the water temp start to drop a few degrees.

Their summer is our winter. Summer here has lots more rain and much higher humidity.

.. First one is taken from the small plane flying over to Taveuni showing some reefs.
I've been following the thread...Seeing that crystal clear water will make you just jump out of your seat and yell.."Drop Me Off Here !! "

It was a great day of diving. Lots of cool stuff. White tip reef shark right off the bat upon descent for dive 1.
Dive 2 was nudibranch central. They were everywhere. Here are some pics:

4 minute walk from the resort down to the dive boats
1653026090110.jpeg

Scorpion Leaf Fish

1653026171808.jpeg

Sunsets from the my bedroom:

1653026312729.jpeg

Glad you’ve recovered and in the water! Looks incredible. Curious about the dive procedures, environment and conditions. Are these group dives or can you explore independently (solo or buddy)? Negative entries? Are these dives drift, anchor or both? What have the typical (max) dive depths been running so far? Is there a time limit to be on surface? Anything else of note? Enjoy your newfound freedom!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom