Fiji diving from the Nai'a. Video and stills taken with Sony RX100 & Canon XA10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice Video! It definitely makes me want to consider Fiji once we have more experience. Can you comment on the depths and currents for me? What was the critter at about 4:48? Thanks again for the video - it looks like a nice mix of big stuff, macro, and gorgeous color!

Wow, nice video. Some of the colors are just amazing. Great job.

What a trip!

Thanks, I wish it was more polished but reality is this is the version for us and it was a bit thrown together. Having to be a productive member of the working world really gets in the way of artistic expression. LOL

Now on to the countless hours of video and photos from our fantastic 14 day Raja trip!!! Be prepared as I think it was Mark Twain who said "I did not have time to write you a short letter so I wrote you a long one instead"..

Would like to know how many hours over how many days do you take to put out a clip???

mjh-Nice work. I'm headed to the Nai'a this June for a 10 day trip. I plan to shot mostly macro if available, but intend to try my hand with video on my D7000. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Harry

divengolf, the Nikon D7000 was my camera before I started "downsizing". For video the issue with the D7000 is you have to set the White Balance in photo than switch to video. Or you can go into WB and just use a value like 6600-9000 to warm it up, if I re-call that correctly. But bring a white board and give it a try. Macro Video or anything where your lights are illuminating the subject I just set the WB to Cloudy and was happy with the results.

At about 2:41 in this video the bottom is video from the Nikon D7000 in Cloudy and the top from the Sony HC7 video camera. I think the footage from the Nikon is better, ssshhhh don't tell my wife. Humpback Whale mothers and calves on Vimeo

I admit I am not much of a Macro shooter but I am sure there is plenty if you look. If you have the Nikon 105mm a +5 diopter would be fun to play with to get some Super Macro shots. But to me Fiji screams WIDE ANGLE, if you don't own the Tokina 10-17mm you may want to pick one up it is a fantastic lens. Don't forget on the D7000 you can Max Sync your shutter/strobe to 1/320, take advantage of that if you do landscape/sunball shots.

mjh: Thanks for the advice. I've always set WB with a white slate without a problem, but will try your method. I'll bring my 10-17 FE just in case. Did you do much CFWA on the trip?

How did you set up your AF for the video shots? The AF options in video are somewhat different than in still.

Back
Top Bottom