Fiji Dive Shops And Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SPEEDOJIM

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello, I am new here and I have a trip planned to Fiji ( hotel near Nadi) and would like to know where some recommended dive shops, resorts and sites would be. I am up to Rescue diver and work part time at Tropical Penquins Scuba in Reno, Nv. My trip will be 7-12 days there on July 16th this year. Thank you, Jim:D

Do you intend to spend all your time on Viti Levu?

It will be my first to Fiji and would like to get onto a couple of the other islands but I have a timeshare at Denaru Island (near Nadi) and was looking into Ra divers at the top of island for the second week of my stay, but I am open to suggestions.:D

Kai Viti Divers are topnotch. They are run out of Wananavu Resort, which is also a very well-run operation.

On the other side of Viti Levu, if you get down to Pacific Harbour, you can dive with Aqua Trek. They do shark dives, several days out of the week and general diving the rest of the time. They are very good.

If you get over to Taveuni, I would highly recommend to dive with Aqua Trek's shop, over there.

All resorts are different, and depends on if you're with family/kids, or just a dive freak? you want 200 rooms, or 10 bure's? Price point and comphort too? you want airconditioning and 3-4 star resort, or 1 star backpacker joints?

Resorts I've stayed at are the Naviti, Hideaway, and lagoon resort on the main island, I REALLY like Kulu Bay on Beqa island (return visit twice) and Maravu resort on Taveuni....3-4 stars each, great memories and you really can't go wrong in fiji and the friendliest people on the earth.

Get out of Nadi as fast as you can, Taveuni and Beqa Lagoon are great dives sites each.

From Nadi, there isn't much diving that I'm aware of. The Mamanucas are close, but the diving isn't nearly as colorful as other parts of Fiji. Beqa, or up north to Rakiraki (Ra Divers or Kai Viti) is a 2 1/2 hour drive. You would have to leave at 5AM to do a day's diving.

My trip so far is as planned, Nadi from 16 July-23 July, then 5 days with the reort there at Volivoli ( Ra Divers), but while I am at Nadi, where is there diving within a couple hrs drive and other than car rental, what transportation is available.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom