Fiji Bucket List Destination

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you like this resort? The place looks great and nice beach...? Did they pick you up at the Suva airport or did yoiu get there another way? Was there a shuttle cost? How long does it take to get there?

We loved it. Unfortunately we lost one night as I got sick, so we only had two nights instead of three. Very small, well run. Check out the reviews on trip adviser, I won't repeat all of it here but watch out if you go during Aussie school holidays and do not want kids anywhere near you. There were a lot when we were there but it wasn't a big deal. Great food, great atmosphere, stay on the leeward side. Decent snorkeling, free paddleboards, canoes, etc. There really isn't much of a "beach" per se, we had a nice area in front of our bure (number 2), but don't know how much you really need. You can kayak around the whole thing in 10 minutes.

BTW it was traditionally known as island of the snakes, there's tons of kraits around the island, but they are very shy. They have been known to go into the bathrooms etc, but staff comes and get them out. Just have to watch your step at night :)

It is 1/2 hour off the coast of Suva, we arranged for a pickup thru them from Nadi to Suva (3.5 hours o so) and then Suva to resort (another hour). We transferred from there to Pacific Harbour to go to Beqa Lagoon, I think that total was $320

I kinda thought it would be cool to see a bit of he Fijian countryside on arrival... However, had I to do it again (and I hope I do), I would catch the 20 minute flight from Nadi to Suva. May end up taking the same amount of time what with waiting for flights, but might have been a bit more relaxing.

ETA - they do have a dive op there, I did some snooping and didn't really find out about any diving that seemed worthwhile, and since we had 12 days of diving ahead of us, didn't bother

Last edited:
OK, need to bump this thread to the top... we're at a decision point (meaning we have to make one)... But we havent yet pulled the trigger.

I believe we have pulled the plug on Fiji Aggressor - we just don't want to spend $10 to go.

Question to you guys:

Where would you rather dive in June - note: both trips will cost about the same @ $5K for both of us.

1. Fiji Aggressor (2 brothers route)

OR

2. Taveuini Fiji land based @ Paradise in Fiji (www.paradiseinfiji.com)

Thanks, and listening to opinions...

Didn't do the the Aggressor but Taveuni land diving is surreal. We stayed at the Home Excellent facilities, meals, top-side sights, and dive guides. A family we ran into had been there about a month. Go when the White Wall is "blooming".

Going to Taveuni shouldn't leave you with a bit of regret.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom