Fifteen character minimum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
an adjective, you know ... your goal, your mission

"my adjective was to make some money"

"did you reach your adjective?"

jeez....

:wink:

:rofl3: :D :rofl3: :D :rofl3:

ohmdiver:
I fail to see how 15 characters stops anyone
It doesn't, but it does irritate the holy hell out of people. Every time I see that 15 character message I want to cuss (sometimes I do).

We have a study group devoted to finding changes and features that piss off Walter! :D

We might adjust it... 14 sounds more reasonable. Maybe we should require an "I love PADI" in every post?

Notice how everyone gets crabby when Denise is away jetting around the world? It is very annoying.

http://billchap.home.netcom.com/sp2k-1.htm

hmmm. So..is it misspelled or what? Spellcheck is a crutch, Jeff. It will make your spell ing worse. Oh...that is dive computers, never mind.

I think I spelled it right, goofballs.

NetDoc:
We have a study group devoted to finding changes and features that piss off Walter! :D

We might adjust it... 14 sounds more reasonable. Maybe we should require an "I love PADI" in every post?

:rofl2: Please Doc, don't let him know I am part of the group!

It is an annoying limit that is totally ineffective......................................

The amazing part? Diving is a sport of limits. Air/Depth/Time are limits we have all learned to live with. Having a 15 character limit only affects those trying to catch up to Andy's post count.

it *is* annoying ... any real reason that it's needed?

it never stops me from posting (ya right!) just makes it a pain

if there is a good reason, it will be much easier to deal with the annoyance if we know
what it is

from our perspective, it looks like a solution in search of a problem

but, of course, we don't have the full picture, so we could be wrong

(in other words, all the limits you listed in your example have a reason. they make sense. this just seems arbitrary and, frankly, annoying as hell)

There is a phenomenon about limits... I learned about it in conjunction with an electric fence. This farmer had one surrounding his field of cows. As we talked I approached it with caution, and the farmer told me not to worry: the fence had been broken for months. Why are they still in the field? It's easy, once you set a limit, most never realise when it's been eliminated or reduced. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom