Field Test of My New Wheels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marshallkarp

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Loaded up my Stanley Oversized Toolbox and headed to Gilboa Quarry Saturday afternoon. First up, packing was a breeze everything fit, even my 7mm wetsuit, except for the tank. The only hard part is lifting 50+ into the tailgate, but if that's a problem for you, take some things out, lift, and put the things back in. At Gilboa, my dive buddy and I walked down the gravel road to the entry dock. No problem, just like rolling luggage through the airport. Had to make another trip back to the car to get the tank and the tarp. At the motel, just wheeled the Stanley down the sidewalk and right into the room as I wanted to hang things in the tub to dry from the night dive. Yesterday, loaded things up, back to Gilboa, and wheeled the Stanley to our camp site. Back home, after rinsing everything, hosed the Stanley down last so it is clean and I can bring it back into the house to load up for next time.

Bottomline, it is a whole lot easier than carrying the Rubbermaid or Sterilite tubs and having to make a couple of trips because you can only carry so much for so far. Looks like a good investment. Judging by the comments from my other posts, I can see some people considering this and others are working on the tank carrying/fastening.

Self-disclosure, I do not work for Stanley or Lowe's. I am merely a proponent of one of Murphy's Other Laws: Give the laziest person the hardest job and he will find the easiest way to do it.

Sounds like it worked out nicely for you. I've been using my "Tough Box" That I've been using for my military equipment. Its worked out very well. Plenty of room for all my gear. I found the easiest way to fix he tank problem is with a set of bungie chords. You can strap the tank to the top with the chords, It tends to slide down a bit if your on a gravel or bumpy surface but I'll probably just put a bungie chord around the valve and attatch it to the top portion of the box. Should work just fine. I might have to look into somethin a little more technical but I'll probably be getting a different box soon and will try to fab somethin up to attatch to the box perminantly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom