FF Pro - report and question on sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I dive with 5mm, hard soled booties, I don't need the insteps either. But since my diving is now warm water, St Croix, Caribbean, I usually wear a light, half booties - so I need the Insteps to get a tighter fit.

When exercising, I use a pair of Rip Force Fins and use them barefoot - wow, does that feel good. :D I might have to try them when boat diving. :wink:

Thanks sibermike and TN. The open toe pocket is special and takes some time to get used too, if you have been using SHOE FINS. I understand the Frog Kicking. I dove the Jet fin for 20 years before developing the Force Fin concept. The Jet killed my ankles while using a natural flutter kick and had to switch to a frog kick just to keep moving. Personally I think the Frog Kick has to be used with the other 99% Flat fin shoe fin designs. Really sad to tell you all the truth..Well to each this own...

Thanks sibermike and TN. The open toe pocket is special and takes some time to get used too, if you have been using SHOE FINS. I understand the Frog Kicking. I dove the Jet fin for 20 years before developing the Force Fin concept. The Jet killed my ankles while using a natural flutter kick and had to switch to a frog kick just to keep moving. Personally I think the Frog Kick has to be used with the other 99% Flat fin shoe fin designs. Really sad to tell you all the truth..Well to each this own...
Bob, I owe you a great debt. I will not, because I CANNOT, dive without Force Fins. I have led HUNDREDS of dives and help train dozens of divers; none of this would have been possible without you, Bob! Thank YOU!!!

I agree with your assessment 100%. When someone attaches a "board" to your toes, the only reasonable way to move a board through the water is by frog kicking!

Got out last night for a nice dive. I tested the fins using 6mm sneaker soled booties (over a 3mil drysuit bootie) - a definite no go, I could not seat the fin onto my foot. They jammed on the top of my foot not fully seating to the curve of the pocket. I could foresee a very painful dive in my future, so I switched back to my soft-soled 3mil booties. There is a little room on the sides, but top to bottom, a nice snug fit. I think that answers the size question.

Overall, it was better than the first dive and I am getting better at stretching out my legs and just kicking. Surface kick out was absolutely no problem. Slowly finning around during the dive taking photos, no major problems (still the tap tap tapping on my toes). But, I still cannot find 2nd gear against a current. I will keep at it as I like the quality, size and ease of use of these fins.

I am going to go ahead and order a set of inserts, which even if they do not fix the tapping, should facilitate use of the fins on trips to warm waters.

Thanks for all the support and suggestions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom