Few Questions About The Island.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

some divi answers....
divi provides buddy team gear lockers (2 people per locker) located on the dock. you have 24 hour access to your locker. locks not provided, but can be purchased from the dive shop or the nearby Sunshine market or use your luggage lock

every divi room i have been in has a safe large enough for tablets.

i have always left computers and camera gear lying about in the room. no issues with property theft. there is a very visible security team on the premises.

divi has several different types of rooms. we use the waterfront rooms which only have a mini fridge and coffee maker. the condo/timeshare units have full kitchens.

The cheapest food trucks are actual local trucks in town that set up at night. One is in the stadium. Mi Banana is a steal. Also, Mati's next to Flamingo TV has the best and cheapest Surinamese cuisine. Jana serves great good Tue. night at Dive Huts for 17.00. Lek Lek Thai at Mi Poron near the Catholic church has cheap eats. The bar menu at Mona Lisa is a steal for fresh fish (18.00) or chicken sate (14.00). One of the food trucks is selling "lionfish" daily which I am told is impossible. Believe it or not, local lionfish hunters are having a hard time keeping the restaurants full. Also, IMHO, 12.00 for a tiny "lionfish" burger is robbery. Have you all tried Kite City Food Truck? They serve fresh fish and the best sangria on island, in the sand. Not cheap but darn good. When getting take out please bring a Tupperware. We are trying to reduce the use of styrofoam on island.

Airport tax included in your ticket. There are a few auto trucks to be had. You will pay extra.

I learned to drive on a manual but it had been at least 25 years for me as well. It was surprisingly easy to get back into the groove.

Yes! Kite City food truck is awesome, like a traveling gourmet restaurant. When they were located at Kite Beach would hit after southern dive sites, nosh, hydrate, talk to the boarders and be amazed and more than a little afraid.

We have a timeshare inherited by Buddy Dive. We are up against the water and on the second floor. This will be our 4th or 5th trip back to Bonaire. We have stayed at Buddy Dive, the Plaza and I have stayed at CCB. All locations were acceptable to me, but I don't expect much from a room. I am only sleeping and editing pictures there. CCB was the only place they didn't have a security check point, but We have never been victims on the island

Be sure to get to Pasa Bon Pizza (Open Tuesday -Saturday). Their pizza rivals the best in the states... Be sure to check out the Lionfish Pizza!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom