Feuding Customers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

James,

You are again absolutely correct about the need for the operators to work together. The good thing is that it is actually easier to do that than to snipe and fight. I have always believed that premise and even send people I can not handle to the other boats. Some work better with us than others, but rarely have I had it go against us and most of the divers end up coming back to me anyway.

You are also right that building the destination really is the important thing as the divers have a whole world of dive sites to choose from. We are lucky that NC provides us something unique and exciting to offer. Maybe we need to concentrate on that more.

Also, an airline pilot friend of mine says that industry considers the passengers self-loading cargo. Maybe one of the reasons most of us hate the current experience of flying commercial.

It's almost a certainty. Competition breeds contempt, malice and fighting. We've had shops tell us that they won't be a part of ScubaBoard if you allow "X" in here. My response is: "That's your choice". It should be the same for charters. Embrace them all equally. Let those who can't play well with others bow out on their own.

However, that doesn't mean you have to accommodate incivility or people who break rules. We don't.

BTW, if you see fighting between shops here on ScubaBoard, send me a PM with a link or report the post. It's always good to instruct people on how to better attract people here on ScubaBoard rather than let them continue to make a fool of themselves.

It should be the same for charters. Embrace them all equally. Let those who can't play well with others bow out on their own.

I find it absolutely amazing how some folks, dive shops and charter operators who can create an online conflict with colleagues and even worse potential customers or peers of customers. What is the upside?

Business is hard enough to build, with and without the internet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom