Ferry to Freeport, Bahama

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tamas

Contributor
Reaction score
Heading down to do Blackbeards in December :D and I heard that there is a ferry/cruise that goes and come to Freeport daily. Have you guys heard anything about this? Who is it that does it? Cost? Time?

OR a dirt cheap way to fly to Freeport from Fort Lauderdale?

I've used Discovery two times. They have recently changed policies on dive knives. They don't let you take them under any circumstances. You have to leave them with security and then hope they still have them when you return. Mine was there, my wife's wasn't, although her "tag" was! Their attitude....take what you want. Rather than screw someone else up, we left with only one knife.

Otherwise, the trip is long but very pleasant. Food (included) was pretty decent.

Tamas:
Thanks, is that the only one? What about dirt cheap flights?
Try BahamasAir - they're on Expedia.

What happened to the "Cat" that was out of Port Everglades and went to Freeport? Is that still going on?

I tried to google it, but I couldn't find it. Arrrrrrh.

TOM

Tamas:
These are the 2 I found, are they still active?
http://www.cloudx.com/schedule.php @ $119.00+$38
Not any more...
Cloud X To Discontinue Operations
Riviera Beach, FL. - The Cloud X, a 365-passenger fast ferry that has been operating between Port of Palm Beach and the Bahamas since August 2005, will discontinue operations at the end of May.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom