Ferry between Curacao and Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello!

I was wondering why there wasn't a ferry/boat service between Curacao and Bonaire. -M

The Dona Luisa looks comfortable in a rugged sort of way, but not very fast:D. We see this ship in port whenever we are in Bonaire or Curacao. It must run once or twice a week with freight.
Tom
http://irishseashipping.com/photofeatures/worldshipping/cbshipping1206/PICT0094.JPG
http://www.shipspotting.com/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=717224&cid=180

We went to the ABC islands last April 2009 and explored this option mostly based on cutting costs. I agree with the others that it has been discontinued a few years ago. Flying is the only option (unless you hire a yacht or sail boat which is cost prohibitive in our case) BUT the good news is that they didnt cost an arm and a leg!

Thanks - I guess I still wish I could take a boat - those little planes are really not for me! I wonder how much it would cost to hire a boat to take us from Curacao to Bonaire...
-M

Thanks - I guess I still wish I could take a boat - those little planes are really not for me! I wonder how much it would cost to hire a boat to take us from Curacao to Bonaire...
-M

You would be looking at 300-400$pp + petrol, docking fees, food, and others fees, etc.... It will take around 2 full days for the voyage. They might charge you a one-way drop-off fee that can easily be the same as if you were to go back to curacao.

Im not sure if you are adventurous but theres a few cargo boat connecting the ABCs that might just take a few passengers for fewer $$$.

Greenthumb..where are you from? Bonaire to Curacao, 2 full days? Don't think so....We have friends that have 40 ft. local diesel boats and they make it in 4 hours.... Friends of our made it to Aruba from Bonaire on their 47 ft. sailboat in 12 hours.....Where are you getting your information???? Thanks.

The Don Andres and the Dona Luisa are freight ships only. No passengers.

K.

Only kidding there, K. We were joking with Mark & Suzy earlier whether on not they traveled in a container with thier gear to BON in april, but they opted for the more civilized air service.:cool2:
Tom

-M

When we flew between the two it was on a large jet. The plane from Puerto Rico was much smaller.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom