female travelling alone to Utila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Just wondering if there are any women out there who have travelled alone to/ spent time alone in Utila? I will be headed to Utila in October for my DM course at the Utila Dive Centre. Plan on spending two months. I hope to find an apartment or cheap room to rent while I'm there. I lived in Mexico for a few years and have travelled alone a bit in Latin countries, so I'm prepared to be on my guard. Just wondering if anyone can offer me any first hand experiences/ advice on the scene in Utila for a single female traveler. Thank you!
:rfish:

You'll be quite safe on Utila, accepted as an equal & have a very limited number of eligible men if that is of importance. You will want to take cautions when anywhere on the mainland.

Have fun & hope you see lots of whalesharks.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

I have never been there, but have a safe/fun trip, and give us a report when you get back or if you have access while your there.

Travis

Thanks Doc. I guess my main concern was safety, less concerned with eligible men, but thanks anyway! I will let you all know how it goes and how many whalesharks I see! Still if anyone else has Utila or other Bay Island info for me, I'd appreciate it mucho!

Back
Top Bottom