Female technical divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll preface my post with the fact that I am a male, and do apologize for "barging in", but FWIW, here in SoCal there are a fair amount of female Tech Divers. I know of 2 female CCR'ers, as well.

Lady tech divers seem to be getting more common all the time. I haven't been in diving even 10 yrs yet but it seems even in my time I've seen that more & more new divers are women, more & more active divers are women & etc. as you would expect this to progress.

If you want to meet like-minded folks from your part of the world, attend some of the Tech conferences like EuroTek, Baltictech, TEKCamp in the UK, etc.

Go over to Cave Diver's forum.....There are several woman divers there, several of whom are instructors......Ask TracyN about the weird 'stuff' she found growing in the back of one of the caves a few weeks back !!!! ;O !!!!

I've just started tech diving after resisting for a long time.

The two things that put me off for so long were a) the weight of the kit, I didn't think I could walk in a twinset and b) the thought of having to pee in my wetsuit :)

I've managed a) but I'm still working on b) !! My certification is limited to 15 mins of deco at the moment but I suspect that when the dives and stops get longer I will just have to adjust!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Go over to Cave Diver's forum.....There are several woman divers there, several of whom are instructors......Ask TracyN about the weird 'stuff' she found growing in the back of one of the caves a few weeks back !!!! ;O !!!!

Obviously you've found you're not alone. :) There aren't many of us, but we do exist. I'm cave certified, CCR certified, dove deep in caves and out. I enjoy the challenge but just as much I enjoy the shallow stuff. If you're ever in High Springs, pop in to Cave Country Dive shop and say hello!

-Kristi Bernot

The photographer/videographer Becky Kagan Schott is a cave diver, trimix diver, and CCR diver - she is also a certified instructor on the Meg. I did a "discover CCR" session under her guidance, which was an amazing experience. I'm a cave diver and a decompression diver myself, but I'm not sure I'll ever go the rebreather route. My husband has his heart set on the Meg, but I'm concerned that forking out for two units plus instruction and the ongoing care, parts, and maintenance would break the bank. One CCR diver in the family is all we can afford - for now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom