Female problem - females only please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a believer of the cranberry juice, however I was told that it only helps with urinary track infections as opposed to the yeast infections. Don't care, if it is my placebo, but I don't get either one.

Shortly after OW cert, I was on a week long dive trip in Cozumel. This very kind older gentleman diver (he introduced himself to be an ob/gyn) educated us young women on the boat about not sitting around in wet bathing suits or clothing for long periods of time. He also suggested bringing several bathing suits on the trip to change out. I took his advice and have never experienced a yeast infection during or after a dive trip.

Having read some of the other posts, it looks like his advice was the right kind.

:)

In my over 30 plus years of diving I have never experianced a diving related yeast infection...but about 3 years ago we started going to the sea of cortez and living for a month on our boat cruising and diving..I was living day after day in my swimsuit..in and out of the water ,,,the hot humid weather was causing chaffing and what I think was a yeast type rash like a diaper rash...fellow more experianced travelers gave me some talcom powder and hydracordisone cream...I basically powdered myself and sat with a fan on that area getting it good and dry...the rash went away.....last year I took a proactive approach and brought along Gold Bond body powder...when I got out of the water I dried off good and used the powder and let the area get air and dry well...I had no problems with itching our rash...:no:

WOW thanks so much for the tips and for sharing your experience! I'll try my best to stay dry!

here is another preventative measure take ACIDOPHILUS once a day. this works like yogurt but in a chewble pill. If i am on antibiotics I always get a yeast infection. this is the only thing that will help me to avoid it or minimilize it
you can get this at any drug store (CVS,WALGREENS etc)

Back
Top Bottom