Female diver dies (Aruba)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I sent an email to the Minister of Tourism in Aruba and asked if there had been an autopsy conducted or an inquest held. As well I asked him some questions about island standards for dive boats (equipment, training, radio etc). The pictures I saw of the dive fatality made it look as though there wasn't much of anything on the boat that could be used to help in an emergency. Couldn't see a first aide kit, a stretcher, or oxygen. And again, looking at the photos of an online aruba newspaper, the boat came into dock and there doesn't seem to be any medical or police personal standing by to assist. With the boat at dock the body was sorta covered in a tarp indicating to me that they had given up trying to save before reaching land. Anyway, the Minister of Tourism has NOT acknowledged my email. It has been five days.

what a sad event for the family and all those aboard the boat. I have no knowledge of the event but it sounds tragic and as though there was a pre-existing situation prior to the dive. So very sad.

I did get a few emails since posting about the Aruba incident. Really sounds like a health problem rather than a dive accident. Clive the boat owner did have safety gear and oxygen on board and is being praised for his response. If the Minister of Tourism is surfing the web, please don't bother responding to my letter.

Back
Top Bottom