Female Divemaster trainee, Milos, Greece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Active Divers in Milos, Greece, is offering a FREE 2 month (August-September 2012) Divemaster internship for a FEMALE only, English speaking candidate (any other languages appreciated).

We provide:
- Divemaster crew pack and DM registration (PIC)
- Food (1 meal per day)
- DAN insurance for the period
- Working experience leading dives, DSDs in the beautiful water of Milos, Kimolos and Poliegos Islands.
- All tips are shared among Active Divers crew including the Divemaster trainee

We don’t provide:
- Accommodation but we will find you cheap accommodation, no room sharing
- Transportation (but living is walking distance to the dive center)

If you are interested in this FREE Divemaster internship, please send resume, recent picture to Pavlos pavlos@activedivers.gr

For more information about our dive center and places we dive check out our Facebook page “Active Divers” in Milos, Greece

I must be getting old. A free service for females only who have to submit a photo to apply. Sounds a little creepy.

It does open up a lot of questions. I tend to assume that SB members have nothing but benevolent intents and that they just don't know how to express them sometimes! So I'm wondering whether this is maybe a housing issue? Is there a space available in the female-only apartment or something?

Come on, pavlos, clear up this question for us. Are you discriminating against males? Are you a debauchee? Is there some logical and perfectly innocent reason for this female-only-and-send-a-photo offer?

Well, I don't know for you guys but just look at the PADI work announcements and you will see a lot of dive center looking for male only, couple only or female only, so what the point? Same for free DM internship, it is quite usual offer...

Cheers

Well, I don't know for you guys but just look at the PADI work announcements and you will see a lot of dive center looking for male only, couple only or female only, so what the point? Same for free DM internship, it is quite usual offer...

Cheers

Uh... no, it's NOT "quite usual offer", unless you are a pimp. :wink:

I'm with Quero on this one: the OP really needs to come back into the thread & explain why they ONLY want a female AND why a picture is required.

I picture the housing at the bottom of a well with lots of free lotion. I agree with everybody that this sounds very creepy (do you drive a van with just FREE CANDY written on the side?) but I also expect that the OP will likely have a good reason.....or at least I hope they will.

Yes, that may be true, Graham, and in fact I believe that my own students (both male and female) find having me as their instructor unintimidating and comfortable. However, this ad is not for an instructor or even an employee in the usual sense--it's actually an ad for a student as it's an internship of the DM course. There is no "more comfortable" argument possible in relation to DM duties that would make placing a female in the role any preferable to placing a male in the same role. Unless the DM intern is going to share a room in a dorm with other females meaning there simply isn't housing available for a male, it's hard to figure out why a dive center would legitimately only want a female student/intern.

seems like that's not the case:
We don’t provide:
- Accommodation but we will find you cheap accommodation, no room sharing

Back
Top Bottom