Female BC Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikey3091

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm helping my girlfriend look for a BC and was wandering what you guys recommend. She has $300-$400 to spend. I recommended a BP/W, as that is what I am looking into; however, I think she would rather go with a traditional vest or back-inflate. Our LSD has some great options, but they are very expensive and sell nothing but SP. For the BC she would rather buy online.

mikey3091:
I'm helping my girlfriend look for a BC and was wandering what you guys recommend. She has $300-$400 to spend. I recommended a BP/W, as that is what I am looking into; however, I think she would rather go with a traditional vest or back-inflate. Our LSD has some great options, but they are very expensive and sell nothing but SP. For the BC she would rather buy online.​

What's wrong with this one.....that's my wife 2 months ago @ Little Cayman in a new one(for her)--1st back inflate ever & 1st dive in almost 2 years...she loved it(now thinking I'll have to order one for her..lol...)
IMG_1293036.jpg
.....Best part was the price...$230 including shipping...a Zeagle Scout......

That has the rear weight pockets right? What are the benefits of that set-up. Looks like a good deal. I know that Zeagle makes great products.

My wife has about a hundred dives on a Zeagle Zena. She loves it! It fits like a glove and works great.

If she doesn't want a BP/W, the Zeagles seem like a good option.

However, depending on her size and build, fit may be an issue with most BCs. (Not speaking about the Zeagle, because I don't know that much about them.) I think a BP/W is absolutely the best option for small women. If your wife is dubious and wants to talk to me about it, please encourage her to PM me.

There's got to be plenty of places down there that sell other brands?

There are lots of old threads here on BCs for women and every BC will have people that love it and people that hate it. You can make a long list of possibilities but she really needs to check them out and try them on to know what fits. (Which is of course, a bit difficult to do online.)

Another vote for Zeagles (although I've never tried a BP/W). I have a Zeagle concept II, which while its not female specific, has a zillion ways to adjust it to get the fit just right.... I've used it with my drysuit and the thickest underwear I have, and also in a shortie 3mm, was great for both, with a little bit of adjusting. Also completely avoids the squishy feeling around the chest I aways got when I inflated my old jacket-style BC on the surface!

I have a Zeagle Zena. I love the way it fits. It is modular, in fact mine is a large back, med shoulder straps and med front piece. Talk to the folks at Scubatoys regarding how to measure and they can put together one that fits her best. It's shorter so it fits above the hips, 2 side straps to keep it from creeping up. Integrated weights and back inflate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom