Fellow La Divers..help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tigerjustice

Registered
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have recently relocated back to La, (New Orleans native, live in Baton Rouge), and I am dying to get wet!!!! My wife and I have lived in West Palm for the last 10 years where diving and spearfishing were so abundant we took it for granted. Its been 2 years since I have dove and I can't wait anylonger. I am getting a friend and my brother certified, but it seems nearly impossible to actually find charters...other than ones that want $600 - $1000.

Please, please, please..if fun loving divers out there can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.. If you need a dive buddy..I am there.. I am a fairly experienced diver (got my divemaster, but never really used it for anything) and I have experience spearfishing; however, having read all of the articles, the "rigs" may be a new frontier..I am in the process of re-riggin my gun for the rigs. Yet again, I can't find on the web or the phone book where and how these divers get out there, other than them obviously having there own boat. Lobster season is bearing down upon us!!!!!!!

Personal Info...33 year old, married professional..wife dives also, but the rigs may be a bit much for her...we'll see.

Thanks,
tiger

Welcome to ScubaBoard

I don't live in LA anymore, but I'm just down I-10 a bit. If you're ever diving the Gulf on the AL or FL coast, shoot me a PM. There are tons of springs in FLs panhandle as well.

Checkout the Wrinkless events, best way to meet the locals and talk about wife swapping.........I mean diving.

tigerjustice:
Hello All,

I have recently relocated back to La, (New Orleans native, live in Baton Rouge), and I am dying to get wet!!!! My wife and I have lived in West Palm for the last 10 years where diving and spearfishing were so abundant we took it for granted. Its been 2 years since I have dove and I can't wait anylonger. I am getting a friend and my brother certified, but it seems nearly impossible to actually find charters...other than ones that want $600 - $1000.

Please, please, please..if fun loving divers out there can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.. If you need a dive buddy..I am there.. I am a fairly experienced diver (got my divemaster, but never really used it for anything) and I have experience spearfishing; however, having read all of the articles, the "rigs" may be a new frontier..I am in the process of re-riggin my gun for the rigs. Yet again, I can't find on the web or the phone book where and how these divers get out there, other than them obviously having there own boat. Lobster season is bearing down upon us!!!!!!!

Personal Info...33 year old, married professional..wife dives also, but the rigs may be a bit much for her...we'll see.

Thanks,
tiger

There are a couple of really active spearfish clubs here in new orleans (aqua aces and the HellDivers). Also, many of the dive shops arrange trips for under $200/pp. These are long runs to the rigs, and long drives to the boat.

BTW, I am very impressed with underwater adventures in Baton Rouge, if you are looking for an LDS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom