Feedback on whites fusion drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mndiver67

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Looking for feedback on the whites fusion drysuit. I want the good, bad and the ugly. Looking to buy my first dry suit and I want to get it right the first time. Thanks

fdog's review was great, find that one if it's not one mike flagged.

plusses - great mobility, not as picky about gaining/losing a few pounds as trilams are, bubble easy to manage.

minuses - a bit harder to get into, tech skin the only one with pockets, full pockets make the suit sag like a baby with a full diaper, lots of folks complain about the 'power ranger' graphics.

Yes, I think James' report is the best one.

I've had mine a little over a year, and have about 100 - 150 dives on it.

Pluses: MOBILITY and comfort. Easy to don (if you keep the inside clean and sprayed with SailKote as needed). VERY light, so it's easy to transport and pack. Heavy duty seals take seal-mounted dry gloves well. It is my belief that it makes dry suit buoyancy control easier, because it is so easy to vent. If you do get any water in the suit, it's trivial to turn it inside out and dry it.

Minuses: Figuring out the footgear has been a challenge, because the lovely boots White's sells wouldn't fit in my fins. Pockets are an issue, and I don't think anybody has a really super solution yet, except maybe Rick Inman. I use X-shorts.

The suit is slower to dry than you would think.

There are adhesive issues in managing the urethane inner bag that some dry suit repair places aren't aware of. (I think they are learning.) Let me say that I have had NO issues with the suit's performance -- it was sent in to the repair place to get a neoprene neck seal installed, because the original seal had worn out (I'm hard on neck seals).

Overall, here's my take: I just sold both of my other dry suits. My backup suit is my HUSBAND's Fusion!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom