Feedback on "Seavenger" wet suits???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NW_DiverDude

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Looking for some feedback from anyone that has purchased/used one of the Seavenger wet suits - good or bad...

Since I do my local diving in the Pacific Northwest, I am already set up with a good dry suit so I have no issues here.

I am heading to Hawaii in another week and will be doing some 20~25 dives so I was looking for an inexpensive 3mm shorty. Usually I only wear a dive skin when diving in warm waters, which is typically in the caribbean, and I am always good to go. I must be especially warm blooded because most other divers on these trips are wearing 2/3mm or thicker and they think I am nuts for only wearing a skin.

Hawaii is a different story however with water temps noted right now in the mid-70's as compared to the mid-80's that I use a skin for.

So, without having a need for a shorty in most cases, I am not sure that I want to spend all that much on one for this trip. I found that this "Seavenger" shorty sells for a mere $40 brand new on eBay. Worth it or not???

If feedback is poor, then I will likely buy the Tilos 3/2 Titanium Skin Chest Full Wetsuit that ScubaToys sells for ~$80. I know first hand the quality of the Tilos suits from use in cold water so I am confident that it will last plenty of years, which may be how long it takes before I use it again.

I appreciate any feedback that can be offered!

NW_DiverDude

I recently purchased a fullsuit from Seavenger. I am happy with it. It kept me relatively warm on a spring dive. I would probably go with Tilos though....more reputable and proven. (Course, this is a really late response).

Just bought a 3mm shorty and 3mm full. Look pretty well constructed and the price was nuts. Figure if they last me 4 weekends each they will have paid for themselves vs renting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom