Feedback on Sea Passion Hotel in Palau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

viva1

Registered
Reaction score
I'd like some feedback about the Sea Passion Hotel in Palau. Our travel agent recommended it. I've read a lot of reviews in Tripadvisor and most looked good. The two things which concerned me are:

1. Noise (people and music?) from the bar by the pool area--I like to read on the beach and have it quiet, both daytime and night--Is there an area to hang out at where one doesn't hear people/music from the bar? Any comments?

2. The lounge chairs have no cushions in the photos and someone commented on it. They don't look too comfortable for lounging on. Anyone know if they've gotten cushions yet or are planning to get them? If not, is there a place in town where one might buy a cheap one just to use for the week and leave it there?

Any other pro/con comments on the Sea Passion?

We found it be very quiet and hospitable when we were there in March before and after boarding the Palau Aggressor. We found the lobby very comfortable. There are couches and very padded chairs in the lobby. You don't have to go out to the pool area.

The rooms are large, clean and comfortable. I liked it. It was only a 5 minute walk from Sam's (using the shortcut). Nice little beach area. The lobby chairs are comfortable (with pads) just sneak one out onto the patio :) it is only about 20 feet. Actually I didn't notice any discomfort out on the deck. I suggest the breakfast that can be included. It is buffett style and although they have some interesting entres (think Chinese dinner food) I liked it. If you are diving with Sam's it is only a 5 minute walk (using the shortcut). I like eating at Sam's bar for good inexpensive food. PM me if you have any other questions.

shortcut? no-one told us! but either the boat came around or we had a van pick us up which was great. I did, however, walk home one night in the rain.

rooms are clean, it looks like it was fitted out in the 80s' /early 90's at a guess?? my bed was pretty comfie which is a usual complaint from me (i like a hard bed)

the staff are quite good, it's island service so don't expect the world, but they do what they can to help. We never ate in the Japanese restaurant.

as for the noise, it was never 'pumping' loud outside or in the ground floor restaurant. Perhaps ask to be on the top floor if you're that worried.

there were no cushions on the beach chairs that i remember. perhaps it's motivation to dive not laze around :)

one point is that the internet is SLOOOOOOOOOW as in it feels like the whole hotel is running on a 56k modem with wireless connection to guests. I had intended to keep up with work emails and input into ongoing events while there as i was at a struggle to even get the leave in the first place. This just wasn't possible. I wrote 3 emails and sent one file on the second night and it took no less than 2 hours.

LOL, yeah, there is no fast internet in Palau. Patience may or may not be a virtue but if you want internet in Palau you better have a bunch of it. The Shortcut is by the speed bump (assuming you are returning from Sam's. Take a left between the houses, don't worry about the dogs, walk about 100 yards, go by a building and you are back on the street just a short hop to the hotel.

Reactions: pwl

Back
Top Bottom