Feedback Mares drysuit XR kevlar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any updates on the suit, I can get a good price for it and it looks good but I can't find anybody who used it.

+1 looking for feedback before buying.

I wrote the following to Vicko in a PM.

Aside from possibly needing to replace the dump valve at some point I'm extremely happy with this suit. I find everything about it to be as comfortable or more comfortable than any other suit I've dived with before.

I've had two of these suits, actually. The first one had to be sent back because there was a manufacturing flaw. They replaced it and I haven't had any issues with the new one.

If you get one that needs a new dump valve then you don't need to replace the whole suit (or send it back). The valve can be removed by unscrewing it and you can order a new valve and replace it yourself.

One thing you need to understand about this suit is that the laminate material is very thin as compared to old style trilaminate suits. This makes it lighter, more flexible (more comfortable) and quick to dry but also means that the chances of developing a leak from just normal use is higher than it would be with a older trilaminate suit and a LOT higher than a suit made of compressed neoprene.

For myself, I accept that as being part of the price of having a suit that fits like a glove. If your diving involves a lot of things like crawling around inside wrecks or anything that puts you in frequent contact with the environment (for example, caving) then you might not like the light neoprene.

Personally I would recommend it with the caveat that leaks will be more common than you may have had in the past as outlined above.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom