February Arctic Diving in Norway

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KOMPRESSOR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi, we're setting up for our February 2006 trip. If you are curious as to get to know the fabulous diving in crystal clear arctic waters off the Norwegian west coast, come on and join us on our trip to Hitra outside the Trondheimsfiord.

We're there for a whole week, from February 24.th to March 3.rd.

For convenient transportation we are setting up a comfortable minibus service from Oslo. So wether you arrive in Norway by ferry, train or by air, we can pick you up and get you there.

We can help with equipement rental, partial or complete. Dry suit experience is mandatory, but other than that our diving is flexible and can be adapted to any level of experience.

Watertemps in February are usually around 6-7 degrees Celsius. Airtemps can vary from minus 5 to plus 10, with about 12 daylight hours. No long boatrides to dive spots, and the sauna is warm and ready for you every day :)

What's more, we normally have viz up to 30-40 metres at this time of year!

We live in comfort at the Knutshaug Fiskeferie "rorbuer".

You can read more about this trip at: http://www.turut.no/hitra_februar_2006_eng.htm

We also have a few open spots now in October: http://www.turut.no/hitra_oktober_2005_eng.htm

210_knutshaug.jpg

Knutshaug Fiskeferie

IMG_0051_small.jpg
Sei%20stim_small.jpg

IMG_1546_small.jpg
IMG_1528_small.jpg

Sincerely, Mona & Reidar

turutlogo.jpg

www.turut.no

I should add we've had 5 divers signing up for the February trip in the past two days since we released the dates for the trip :)

Non from outside Norway so far, but it would be great to have someone with us! Where are you Danes, Dutch, German, Swedish, Polish, English, French, Finnish and more, divers?!

I'm the guy who will be your dive leader. Unfortunately i only speak Norwegian and English (fluent). I can't figure out much German language but I did have French in school for four years. Ca va?!

Hi folks, there are now only 4 open spots on our February arctic scuba diving adventure. We have tanks and lead for rent, and a comfy bus transport from Oslo harbour + airport to Hitra.

English info + picture links on the website. Have a look if this sounds interesting.

Start: February 24. 2006
End: March 03. 2006

3 boat dives a day available and included.
6 whole days of diving.
Free airfills as much as you need. Very good compressor and filters.
7 nights in very comfy houses.
Scenery you've never seen before. Sea eagles, otters, whales, seals are regularly seen here.

Price for the whole week is about 375 Euro.
Bus from Oslo - Hitra - Oslo is only 25 Euro each way pp ( 8 hours though ).
(Currency change may affect these prices, but not likely much)

Back
Top Bottom