Feb 7-8 weekend conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gombessa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hmmm...

.SAT...N WINDS 5 TO 15 KT...BECOMING NW. WIND WAVES 2 TO 3 FT.
NW SWELL 12 TO 13 FT...DECREASING TO 8 TO 13 FT.
A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

.SUN...NW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 2 TO 5 FT.
NW SWELL 9 TO 13 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

Saturday in particular looks like payback for the ideal conditions last week. Anyone thinking about changing their weekend plans? I'm still planning on showing up, but at this point it wouldn't take much to convince me to hit the Aquarium instead...

We changed our plans. DA Aquamaster is supposed to be in town and wanted to go diving. With these conditions it is just not worth it.

We typically consider ourselves conservative (or at least reasoned) when it comes to judging conditions and calling the dive if needed. But so far, there have been very few times when we've had to make the call at typical Monterey shore dive locations. Seems most of the time by the time they hit the bay, the swells and surf are greatly diminished from what the predictions and 20mi buoy read. My limited experience has been that it's always worth showing up since the chances of finding a decent site are pretty good. The viz on the other hand...

I'm kinda questioning that for this weekend, but we still have nearly 40 hours from Saturday to make the call...

We've officially canceled for this weekend. :( I was hoping by some small miracle that things would settle down, but this weekend just looks miserable.

I'm dry this weekend, but hopefully you get better viz than what we got yesterday. Pt. Lobos <30' throughout. We scootered to Marcos Pinnacle, and conditions were pretty constant.

This was shot in 60' of water and with a Canon 570is.

Last edited:
I won't make a final decision until the 3pm forecast comes out on Friday and
Saturday, but at this point it looks like I'm continuing the TV antenna install
in Adm. Linda's attic.

Why wait? Because with some regularity the forecasts get better as the
computer models converge.

Awesome, my boyfriend and I are suppose to do our check-out dives in Monterey this weekend.

So, what's the verdict based on today's 3pm forecast?

Anyone been diving today, to provide a first hand update perhaps?

.SAT...N WINDS 5 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. NW SWELL 9 TO
12 FT AT 13 SECONDS. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS.
.SAT NIGHT...NW WINDS 5 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. NW
SWELL 8 TO 11 FT AT 16 SECONDS.
.SUN...SW WINDS 10 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. NW SWELL 9 TO
11 FT. CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

That's over my maximums for tomorrow. If it drops a bit on Sunday, I'll
go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom