Feature Request - Shearwater Phone App for Settings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But wouldn’t you still need to double check that the settings actually transferred from the phone app to the dive computer fully/correctly? I’d never assume the transfer went perfectly for info that could affect my safety - so I’d rather enter it directly on the device so it’s entered and confirmed at the same time.

But… to each their own and I would have no problem with it being an available option as long as it does not distract SW from more important work.

Good point, but there's no reason SW couldn't have the "profile" pop up on the screen after flashing over as a confirmation and you could even have to select "ok" to confirm you did what you wanted to do.

I still think this coupled with all the initial settings done in the beginning would be great to do from the app.

Here's kind of what "Dive Story" looks like (I don't even manipulate the dc from itself anymore at all... it's just 1000 times easier to do through the phone).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220310-141938_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20220310-141938_Google Play Store.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 66
Sitting here playing with my perdix this morning (snowing and nasty out, no diving today:()

I was tinkering with the deco plan and realized how cumbersome that is. I know SW isn't known for their planning software, but my goodness how cool would it be to have dive planning software integrated into the app, plan a dive with whatever gases you see fit, and flash that over to the dc? You could do it on the fly as opposed to using another software to plan, then running through the SW menu to change the settings, and if done through SW it could take into account your last dive, tissue loading, si, etc.

Subsurface does this, but not in real time and only on a PC, not the app. Is there any dc / software logging combo that does this based on your last dive? Something that could be done on a boat in changing conditions? Or does everyone just get to a point when things change enough that you follow the box?

I'm just thinking out loud.. still half asleep. Be easy on me:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom