FD Rescue Diver Certification Route... Which way is better

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMHO getting PSD training through a Recreational Agency is like taking a Lamborghini to a 7-11 for an LOF. Even if it did work the quality wouldn’t be there.

There are too many contradictions between PSD and Recreational Diving. Just like contradictions between Recreational and Commercial Diving, or Recreational and Military Diving or PSD and Military Diving and so on. Each is in its own little world diving a style that fits their activity.

I like the statements where Recreational Agencies claim to train the Navy Divers. That’s like saying they train NASA for Lunar Landings.

Don’t fall for the claim that a PSD cert can be had from a Recreational Agency. They might offer it but I’d question the training.

My team is DRI and we are very happy with them. Use the PSD agency that works for you and your team.

Gary D.

As many have said, PADI or any other recreational diving agency doesn't offer any courses that are applicable to the Public Safety dive environment.

Aquanauts is now the exclusive private-sector training agency for the Professional Emergency Response Training organization and our website has a good article illustrating why PADI Rescue, Search & Recovery, etc. is not appropriate training. What is needed is a full suite of courses that prepare public safety divers for diving in low/zero visibility, using full face masks, dry suits and self-sufficiency situations.

Of course, we offer these courses individually or as part of all-inclusive internships that offer both PADI Divemaster or Instructor certs and full PERT certification. Check it out here:

Dive Internship - PERT Public Safety / Emergency Response / Rescue Diving Internships AQUANAUTS Pattaya Thailand

Back
Top Bottom